create "something", that will help us to quickly deliver applications across various mobile platforms and devices.
reuse a vast amount of code base that we will pretend we have in place and we will pretend the business code is written in .Net languages ,
perhaps C#, F#.
The fact is, many companies have written web applications in ASP.Net and desktop apps in C#.
So, let's keep it simple and "profitable".
Not all methodologies, frameworks or languages will be used in our effort. I have put together a shopping list and then we will see how it goes .
To understand cons and pros of the ingredients we are going to use or not, we should investigate and try to understand functionality of the stuff listed below:
- F# (for financial and scientific computing)
- LESS (maybe?)
- Coffeescript (why not to bring fun to writing code?)
- iOS, Android, Blackberry etc (not necessary but good to know)
- Server Side Events
- Rx.Net (in case we will use C#, this way we will be able to build Reactive UI)
- Websockets (we can try to hook them up to Rx)
- XML (we already know it, right?)
In case I forgot to throw in anything, please, let me know